A survey on perception of people towards the health related behaviour during COVID-19 pandemic situation
Corresponding Author(s) : Rati Kumari Gurung
International Journal of Allied Medical Sciences and Clinical Research,
Vol. 8 No. 3 (2020): 2020 Volume - 8 Issue-3
Health- related behaviour is the major concern in the today’s scenario as pandemic started since past 6 months. It became very necessary to understand the health related behaviour of people’s perspective because the situation is affecting lifestyles in term of physical, social and mental etc. This study is based on the online questionnaire survey with FANTASTIC lifestyle checklist which is self- reported with the demographic data. The scope of the study is to identify the perception of people health related behaviour during pandemic situation and to correlate the Body mass index with the Fantastic lifestyle checklist. FANTASTIC lifestyle checklist allow to measures clinician to gain a broad range of information regarding a respondents lifestyle behaviours both physically and mentally. In the 101 total sample sizes collected, 54.5% were female and 45.5% were male whereas the FANTASTIC lifestyle checklist showed the very good score and 36.6 showed the good result. With this the Pearson correlation coefficient showed no relationship between BMI and FANTASTIC lifestyle checklist. The obtained P value is >0.05 and hence there was no relationship between them.
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
2. Kritika paudel and pramod subedi 2020, “Imapct of COVID-19 Panemic on socioeconomic and mental health aspect in Nepal” IJSP journal, DOI: 10.1177/0020764020942247
3. Larsson SC, Kaluzaj, Wolk A combinedBe impact of health of healthy lifestyle factors on lifespan: Prospective cohorts J.Intern Med 2017; 282:209-219.
4. Betsch C, Wieler LH, Harbersuat K. Monitoring Behavioural insights related to COVID-19. Lancet 2020, 395:1255-1256.
5. Wilson DMC, Nielsen , Ciliska D lifestyle assessment: testing the FANTASTIC instrument. Can fam Physcician .1984; 30: 1863-4.
6. Rodriguez-Anez CR, Reis RS, Petroski EL. Versao brasileira do Questionario “ Estilo de vida Fantasticco”. Traducao e validacao para adultos jovens. Arg bras Cardiol 2008;91 (2):102-9.
7. Jacqueline k sharatt, Micheal T. Sharatt, Marion J. Howell, Lynda Devenport “FANTASTIC Lifestyle survey of university of Waterloo Employees; can Fam Physician 1984; 30:1869-1872).
8. Kay Wihelm, Tonelle Handley and Prasuna Reddy “Exploring the validity of the FANTASTIC LIFESTYLE checklist in an inner city population of people presenting with suicidal behaviours” Austrilian & New Zealand journal of psychiaty1-7, doi: 10.117/0004867415621393.