Solid dispersion and its types a short review
Corresponding Author(s) : Afreen Khan
International Journal of Allied Medical Sciences and Clinical Research,
Vol. 2021 No. 9 (4): 2021 Volume - 9 Issue - 4
Solid dispersion has been a preferred method to enhance the certain drugs solubility. To improve dissolution of some low water-soluble drugs and then enhancing their bioavailability after the solid dispersion of one or more active pharmaceutical ingredient in a carrier at solid state is shall along with the suitable medium or polymer. It has been immersed significant interest as a method by which dissolution rate can be increased. It takes place as the dispersions of poorly water-soluble drugs with some water-soluble carriers for enhancing the dissolution of the drugs. The one of the most difficult aspects in formulation and development of a dosage form is the solubility performance of drugs. The poorly water soluble compounds has radically increased those are required a special attention to enhance the solubility of such compounds. The solid dispersions preparation needs to consider some aspects like, selection of carrier and methods of physicochemical characterization. In this review article a short notice has been given on solid dispersion its characterization, advantages, disadvantages and the application of the solid dispersions in various formulations.
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
2. Kim KT, Lee JY, Lee MY, Song CK, Choi J, Kim DD. Solid Dispersions as a Drug Delivery System. J Pharm Investig 2011;41(3):125-142.
3. Kadam V, Bharakhad VS, Jadhav SB, Kute A, Chintale AG. Role Of Solid Dispersion In Improving Solubilty And Dissolution Rate: A Comprehensive Review World J Pharm Res 2014;3(1):1841-1860.
4. Stegemanna S, Leveillerb F, Franchic D, Jongd de H, Lindéne H. When Poor Solubility Becomes an Issue: From Early Stage to Proof of Concept. Euro J Pharm Sci 2007;3(1):249-261.
5. Rawat A, Verma S, Kaul M, Saini S. Solid Dispersion: A Strategy For Solubility Enhancement. Int J Pharm Tech 2011;3(2):1062-1099.
6. Argade PS, Magar DD, Saudagar RB. Solid Dispersion: Solubility Enhancement Technique For Poorly Water Soluble Drugs. J Adv Pharm Edu Res 2013;3(4):427-439.
7. Kalia A, Poddar M. Solid Dispersions: An Approach Towards Enhancing Dissolution Rate Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2011;3(4):9-19.
8. Dharna A, Neelam S, Singh S, Aroraint S. Solid dispersions: A review on drug delivery system and solubility enhancement. J Pharm Sci Res 2017;5(3):1-9.
9. Patil AN, Shinkar DM, Saudagar RB. Review article: solubility Enhancement by solid dispersion. Int J Curr Pharm Res 2017;9(3):15-18.
10. Kapoor B, Kaur R, Behl H, Kour S. Solid Dispersion: An Evolutionary Approach for Solubility Enhancement Of Poorly Water Soluble Drugs. Int J Recent Adv Pharm Res 2012;2(2):1-16.
11. Bhut VZ, Prajapati AB, Patel KN, Patel BA, Patel PA. Solid Dispersion as a Strategy to Enhance Solubility: A Review Article. Int J Pharm Res Scholars 2012;3(4):277-283.
12. Chiou WL, Riegalman S. Pharmaceutical Applications Of Solid Dispersion Systems. J Pharm Sci 1971;60:1281– 1302.
13. Dixit AK, Singh RP, Stuti S. Solid Dispersion -A Strategy for Improving the Solubility of Poorly Soluble Drugs. Int J Res Pharm Biomed Sci 2012;3(2):90-964.
14. Aggarwal S, Gupta GD, Chaudhary S. Solid Dispersion as an Eminent Strategic Approach In Solubility Enhancement of poorly Soluble Compounds. J Pharm Sci Res 2010;1(8):1-14.
15. Luhadiya A, Agrawal S, Jain P, Dubey PK. A Review on Solid Dispersion. Int J Adv Res Pharm Biosci 2012;1(2): 281-291.
16. Gupta NB, Sharma P, Bhandari N, Singh K. To Enhance the Solubility of Poorly Water Soluble Drugs By Using Solid Dispersion: A Review. Int Res J Pharm Appl Sci 2013; 3(2):27-32.
17. Kumavat SD, Chaudhari1 YS, Badhe M, Borole P, Shenghani K. Physical Stability of Amorphous Solid Dispersion: A Review. Int J Pharm Archive 2013;2(5): 129-136.
18. Bhusnure OG, Kazi PA, Gholve SB, Ansari A, Kazi SN. Solid Dispersion: An Ever Green Method For Solubility Enhancement of Poorly Water Soluble Drugs Int J Res Pharm chem 2014;4(4):906-918.
19. Upadhye SS, Kothali BK, Apte AK, Kulkarni AA, Khot VS. A Review on Solid Dispersion. Adv J Pharm Life sci Res 2015;3(4):33-45.