Practice of Ayurveda in Dentistry
Corresponding Author(s) : Dr. Priyadarshini V
International Journal of Allied Medical Sciences and Clinical Research,
Vol. 8 No. 3 (2020): 2020 Volume - 8 Issue-3
For good systemic and oral health, proper maintaining of oral hygiene is very important. Ayurvedic medicine is one of the world’s oldest medical systems that originated over thousands of years. There has been a long tradition of improving a oral hygiene using plants products, to research different plants and their products in the treatment of various ailments, since ancient times as effective medicine. Many medical plants have been used as traditional treatment for numerous diseases since ages in many parts of the world. Ayurveda an ancient science based on the herbal therapies believes that dental problem can be treated by three doshas. Therefore, the search for alternative drugs continues, taking into account natural phytochemicals derived from plants used in conventional medicine.
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
2. Roopali Gupta, Navin Anand Ingle, Navpreet Kaur, Pramod Yadav, EktaIngle & Zohara Charania Ayurveda in Dentistry Journal Of International Oral Health 2015 7(8) : pp. 141-143.
3. Abinav Singh & Bharathi Purohit, Tooth brushing, Oil pulling and Tissue Regeneration, A Review Of Holistic Approaches to Oral Health. Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine| april-june 2011|vol2.
4. Shilpa Hosallimath & Rajeev Sholapur Role of Ayurveda and Holistic Approach in Dentistry ACTA Scientific and Dental science 3.4(2019):pp. 65-67.
5. Dr Sumedh lone, Dr. Amit Saragade, Dr. Avadhesh Tiwari, Dr. Monica Maha Jani, Dr. Kuldeep Patel, Dr. Manisha Rathod, Dr. Devendra Warghane & Dr. Siddharth Narote. Ayurvedic dentistry: A Doctor in concept, International Journal of Current Research vol.10, Issue, 12, pp.76025-76027, dec2018.
6. Deepthi. S, Andhad, Supreetha, Shylaja. M. D, Shilpa M & Vinay Kumar K Ayurvedic Medicine and Oral Health International Journal of Oral care and Research oct-dec 2015: volume 3 issue 4.
7. M. Raj Mohan, P. D Madan Kumar, M. Shiva Kumar K & S Uma, Awareness on Oral Health among Ayurvedha and Sidha practitioner's, Medical Journal of Islamic World Academy of Sciences20:2,pp. 43-48, 2012.
8. Patil.M.S & Patil.S.N , Horizon of Ayurveda and Modern dentistry . A review J Nat Ayurvedic Med 2019, 3(2):000185.
9. Nilesh Arjun Torwane, Sudhir Hongal, Pankaj Goel & V. R. Chandrashekar/ Role of Ayurveda in Management of Oral Health Pharmacognosy reviews| January-june 2014|vol 8|issue 15
10. Khemchand Sharma, Namrata Joshi & Chinky Goyal, Critical Review of Ayurvedic Varnya Herbs and their Tyrosinase Inhibition effect, Ancient Science of life /jul-sep 2015/vol35/Issue1
11.Moa Megersa, Tilahun Tolossa Jima & Kabaye Kumela Goro. The use of medical plants for the treatment of tooth ache in Ethiopia, Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine volume 2019, article ID 2645174, 16 pages
12. Shoba Prakash & Anup U. Shelke Role of Triphala in Dentistry review article/ Journal of Indian Society of Periodontology issue 2, March Apr 2014.
13. Harshil Zaveri, Vandhana Rathva, Ankit Sant & Deepak Dev. Triphala: an alternative therapy in periodontics- A Clinical Review, Journal of Clinical Periodontology and Implant Dentistry vol 01 issue 01.
14. Vineet Nair, Subhasis Das, Manas Kar & Krishna Pada das./ Triphala in dentistry - A Herbal Wonder Journal of Disease and Global health 5th April 2016.
15. Bismay Singh, Mohanty, Sonu Acharya, Antermayee Panigrahi, Priyanka Kallimiready & Upasana Mohapatra Triphala: classic herb in dentistry,International Journal of Oral Health and Medical Research July-August 2019 vol 6 issue2.
16. Shruti K Nair& Shivaprasad BM Triphala: A Miracle Herb in the field of Dentistry Journal of Dental health, Oral Disorders and Therapy Jan 09, 2018.
17. Shaeesta khaleelahmed Bhavikatti, Rishi Dhaniy & MLV Prabhuji Triphala: Envisioning its Role in Dentistry International Research Journal of Pharmacy. 2015, 6 (6).